The idea of making a sizable investment in a piece of diamond jewelry is a very big deal. After all, you are not likely an expert in diamonds, or what makes them unique, so you must rely on other resources to help guide your decision. The team at Johantgen Jewelers understands how big of a decision it is to purchase a piece of diamond jewelry – whether it is an engagement ring, an anniversary ring, or a pair of earrings or a necklace. We work very hard to be able to explain the important details about the diamonds in our showroom, so that you can be an informed customer as you make this important decision.
Tips About Choosing A Diamond:
1. Set your budget: If this is your first diamond purchase, it is important to look at your finances and determine exactly what you want to spend. Then you can focus on pieces that are within your budget.
2. Do Your Research: A diamond is a major life investment so doing some research before you make a purchase is very wise. It is important to be able to see the diamonds that you are considering so stay away from online purchasing when it comes to diamonds. There is simply no way to verify the descriptions without seeing them with your own eyes.
3. The 4 C’s: You will hear a lot about the 4 C’s when you are researching diamonds. Cut, clarity, color and carat are used to evaluate a diamond’s quality. The cut is one of the most important indications of quality and will make your diamond look brighter and larger.
4. Consider shape: The shape of the diamond that you choose can influence the price as well, so, for example, if you are open to a non-round diamond, you may find that the price is a bit more affordable.
5. Think about the style of ring you want: The style of the ring (or piece of jewelry) is another important factor when you are considering a piece of diamond jewelry. You want the style to fit the personality of the person you will be giving it to.
Minnesota Jeweler With In-Stock Diamond Jewelry Options
Johantgen Jewelers is a local jewelry store that specializes in helping clients find the perfect piece of jewelry for your needs and your budget. We have a large selection of diamond jewelry on site and can also create a custom piece if that is your preference. For more information about our high-quality diamond jewelry collection, stop by our store at 115 Willow Bend in Crystal, MN or give us a call at 763-537-7233.